Radianz™ (the "Product") that has been permanently installed and is in its originally installed location is warranted by SAMSUNG/CHEIL INDUSTRIES INC. (hereunder "SAMSUNG") to be free of manufacturing defects. The Product must be fabricated and installed by an authorized Radianz™ Fabricator/Installer, and used and maintained in accordance with instructions provided by SAMSUNG. Although SAMSUNG shall make its best effort to repair or replace with the best possible color match to the original as possible, SAMSUNG cannot guarantee that the repair or replacement will be an exact color match to the original. To obtain service under this limited warranty, you must reasonably cooperate with Samsung’s authorized service agents and provide access to the installation site. This warranty is applicable only to the original purchaser and only when the Product has been paid in full. This warranty is non-transferable and non-assignable. Any associated repair or replacement cost other than the Product will be the original purchaser’s responsibility.
This warranty excludes the following :
1. Misuse or abuse (including uneven exposure to direct sunlight, outdoor exposure and use, damage caused by impact, discoloring caused by exposure to certain chemical reagents, and damage from exposure to extreme heat);
2. The Product moved from its original place of installation;
3. Chips, cracks or any other impact damage;
4. Improper Installation or Maintenance (improper care and maintenance may result in staining, abrasion marks, cracking or chipping);
5. Damage caused by exposure to extreme heat (Trivets and hot pads should always be used);
6. Damage caused by an act of nature;
7. Failure not to comply with SAMSUNG’s instructions including Fabrication, Installation, Care & Maintenance, etc.;
8. The Product is stain-resistant, but is not 100% impervious to stains. Many common stains can be removed with proper cleaning. Staining is not covered under this warranty;
9. The product is scratch resistant; however, scratches may occur with improper use. Consequently, Scratches and abrasion marks are not covered under this warranty;
10. Failure or dissatisfaction with appearance of joints or seams, or of any adhesive, caulk or other accessory items;
11. Workmanship of Fabricator or Installer;
12. Failure caused by other sub-structure support and substrate materials, including seam failure;
13. The actual and final installed Product is not guaranteed to be an exact color-match to product samples or printed sample facsimiles;
14. Blemishes, such as blotches or spots, are inherent in the manufacturing process. In the event visual blemishes, blotches, or a concentration of color pigments are larger than 25mm in diameter (size of a quarter coin), the contracted fabricator should report it to the Radianz™ authorized distributor prior to fabrication;
15. Natural variation within the Product (The Product pattern density may vary in color, size, shape, and distribution);
16. Any innovative use of material including, but not limited to, curving and/or bending;
17. Alteration of the Product thickness;
18. Installation of sinks;
19. Damage as a result of dry polishing or cutting;
20. Alterations to the factory finish;
21. Damages from other than manufacturing defect;
22. For the Products not paid in full;
23. Any Product installed or located outdoors, such as outdoor kitchens, BBQ work surfaces, or in heated areas such as saunas, steam rooms, and shower pans;
24. Residence not occupied by the original purchaser;
25. Other installations such as boats, recreational vehicles and flooring; and
26. This Warranty does not cover the use of the Product for commercial purposes. "Commercial purposes" are defined as any application other than for use in a residential home interior as defined within this Residential 15-Year Limited Warranty.
Except as to what is stated in this limited warranty herein, SAMSUNG makes no warranties, express or implied, in respect to the Product, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all such warranties hereby are expressly disclaimed. SAMSUNG does not warrant that the Product will meet the original purchaser’s requirements. SAMSUNG shall not be liable for incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost goodwill, lost profits, lost business, or other indirect economic damages, and further including injury to property, whether such claim is based on theories of contract, negligence, tort (including strict liability) or otherwise, as a result of breach of any warranty regardless of whether SAMSUNG was advised, had other reason to know, or in fact knew of the possibility of such damages.
SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION STATED ABOVE, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH WILL VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR, IN CANADA FROM PROVINCE TO PROVINCE. FEDERAL WARRANTY LAW DOES NOT PERMIT THE DISCLAIMER OR MODIFICATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING UNDER APPLICABLE STATE LAW FOR CONSUMER PRODUCTS. HOWEVER, ANY OF SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES SHALL EXPIRE AT THE EARLIER OF THE EXPIRATION OF THE PERIOD OF THE IMPLIED WARRANTY REQUIRED UNDER STATE OR PROVINCE LAW.
To obtain service under this limited warranty, contact the source from whom you purchased the Radianz™ Quartz Surfaces or you may directly contact SAMSUNG at the address below, in writing, providing your name and address, a description of the Products involved and the nature of the defect or failure. You must provide the original sales receipt along with proof of purchase and installation of Radianz™ Quartz Surfaces, which clearly indicates the Product purchased and installation dates, in order to obtain service under this limited warranty.